How To Retire Your Title
In order to retire your Florida title:
- File with the Clerk of Circuit Court
- File with the Tax Collector's Office
- Download the Application for Retirement of a Mobile Home Certificate of Title (PDF). An application is required for each unit in a double or a triple wide. If the names are joined by the word and, the signature of each owner is required on the form.
- A copy of the documents recorded with the Clerk of the Circuit Court after they have been recorded.
- All tangible tax bills must be paid in full before a title transaction may occur.
There are no fees to retire a title in the tax collector's office.