The Penalties For Non-Compliance can be costly if tax payment is not remitted properly and on time. If tax return is delinquent, the following penalties apply:
- Charges for returned checks range from $20 to $40 (depending on the amount of the bad check), or 5% of the face amount of the check, whichever is greater.
- The collection allowance of 2.5% is not allowed.
- Fraud is prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law under Federal Statute 125.0104.
- Interest will be added on delinquent tax at a semi-annual rate set by the state. Please call the office for the current rate.
- There will be a 10% penalty on the Total Tax Collected for each 30 days, or a fraction thereof, up to a maximum of 50%, but in no case less than a $50 penalty. A $50 penalty applies for failure to file a Temporarily Inactive Form.